Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Each Moment is a Wonder

Standing by the water,
I tried to count the countelss ripples
Caused in the silent water
Just by a pebble's throw
Or even by a gentle touch.


I strived to measure
The endless waves
That kept moving towards me
And then receding
Somewhere far away..


I yearned to embrace
The faceless wind
When it effortlessly touched me
And blew my raven hair
As it moved away from me.


The sand of time
Slipped away from my tight fists
And I watched the sand particles
Scatter and spread smoothly
Grain by grain, on the floor below.


As I enjoyed the flowers in the garden
I could see that the flowers' soft petals

Shall only last for a day
And their sweet fragrance reminded
"Enjoy me, before I fade".

They all kept repeating to me
Live, love, evolve, enjoy and cherish

Each little moment that you have,
Every flake of time that floats past,
As each moment
is a wonder in itself.

- Seema Kumar
19th June, 2007

----

Update July 6, 2021

In Dec 2020, I also updated this poetry Each Moment is a Wonder on YouTube.





5 comments:

Shikha said...

Didi,its really wonderful...we shd really live every moment to its utmost...

Unknown said...

wow, seema, this poem is lovely. Good wrk

Unknown said...

Seema, you have sum up the truth of life in words so beautifully... just like the soul you are.

विश्व दीपक said...

सीमा जी,
आपकी कविता भाषा की मोहताज नहीं है। हिन्दी या हो आंग्ल - दोनों हीं भाषाओं में आपने अपनी भावनाओं को अच्छी तरह से प्रेषित किया है।

बधाई स्वीकारें।

Unknown said...

the poem is awesome.... with a gud moral...